Collection and Dissemination of Information
Information We Collect
- Personal Information: AKERMA may collect information that identifies you when you interact with AKERMA and provide such information to AKERMA such as, but not limited to, when you make an inquiry or request to AKERMA. The types of Personal Information AKERMA collects may include, among other things, your full name, business address, home address, email address, telephone number, fax number, education, job description, employer, criminal history, gender, investigative information, and date of birth.
- Non-personal Information: As you interact with the Sites, AKERMA may collect information that is not Personal Information but may disclose aspects of your browsing history or other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, Google DoubleClick and other tools. Cookies are pieces of code or text placed on a user’s computer hard drive when some websites are visited. These cookies may be used to collect information such as website pages viewed by the visitor. When the visitor returns to the website, the cookies will aid in recognizing the visitor and customizing their user experience accordingly. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on the Sites by web analytics software. AKERMA uses analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user’s prior visits to the Sites. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you such as, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc. Depending on your browser settings, you may or may not be notified that cookies are in use and be able to refuse them. Users may opt out of cookies and other trackers by changing the setting on their browsers. Refusal to allow cookies may prevent the visitor from taking advantage of all available features of the Sites.
How AKERMA Uses and Shares Personal Information
Once collected, AKERMA may use Personal Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Responding to inquiries from the visitors
- Providing service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations and other customer service messages.
- Compiling a client list to be used exclusively for AKERMA’s businesses.
- Sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect the rights of AKERMA.
- Providing information to a governmental agency, industry self-regulatory organization, and other relevant local authorities.
AKERMA does not sell or share email contact information with any third party.
AKERMA reserves the right to deny any requests for information.
How to Opt Out
Users may opt-out of receiving future information from AKERMA or from being included on the client list AKERMA compiles by notifying AKERMA via e-mail of your wish for “opt-out”.
Visitors to the Sites may opt out of the DoubleClick Cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or they may opt out on the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies and Restrictions. Users may opt out of cookies and other trackers by changing the setting on their browsers.
Should you have additional questions, comments, concerns, or want to opt-out of certain information dissemination please contact us by regular mail, email, fax or phone:
Legally Required to Disclose Information
In light of regulatory compliance, AKERMA may release the records of proceedings conducted pursuant to the laws and regulations when disclosure is required by the legal process of a court of law, central or local governmental agency or an industry self-regulatory organization having appropriate jurisdiction.
AKERMA shall also reserve the right to disclose information obtained through the Sites, when disclosure is required by the legal process of a court of law, governmental agency or an industry self-regulatory organization having appropriate jurisdiction.
Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information, including Individual Number or other social security numbers. All AKERMA agents and contractors with access to personal information obtained on AKERMA’s Sites are also bound to adhere to this policy. To protect the security of information supplied by users in order to access restricted areas, users must provide email addresses and passwords to access their information. Although AKERMA takes these measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosure of a user’s data or personal information, AKERMA cannot control Internet transmissions and cannot guarantee or warrant that personal information transmitted to AKERMA will never be compromised.
Changes to Collection and Dissemination of Information Policy
AKERMA reserves the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such addition, change, update, or modification on this site. Any such addition, change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the site.
Last Modified: December 22, 2017